A few interesting facts about back pain:
1. One-half of all working Americans admit to having back pain symptoms each year.
2. Back pain is one of the most common reasons for missed work. In fact, back pain is the second most common reason for visits to the doctor’s office, outnumbered only by upper-respiratory infections.
3. Most cases of back pain are mechanical or non-organic—meaning they are NOT caused by serious conditions, such as inflammatory arthritis, infection, fracture or cancer. But rather poor posture and poor use of the body.
4. Americans spend at least $50 billion each year on back pain—and that’s just for the more easily identified costs.
5. Experts estimate that as many as 80% of the population will experience a back problem at some time in our lives.
Information from the American Chiropractic Association (ACA)